Wednesday, August 15, 2012

One More Time
















Hi Everyone,

  We went to the playground for the last time this Summer. We will go in the afternoon when I come home from School or on the weekends, but it won't be the same as the Summer trips :)  Taking the boys to the playground this Summer has been a blast! One of our favorite places.

The boys have been wearing me out lately. I will explain why in each paragraph - but hopefully, next week gets better. I love my boys, but oh my goodness! :)

Nicholas' behavior has been pretty good. On the 27th he starts the Preschool. They have orientation and then it really starts on the 29th. We are also putting Nicholas in Soccer. We see some skills when he practices at home, and we think Soccer will be good for him. His T-Ball coach says, there's a lot of running - YES! We really enjoyed T-Ball this year. We will probably do it again next year.
Now, for the ugh part. Nicholas has been waking me up twice a night. He wants water, there is a monster under his bed. He finally slept through the night last night - but oh my! He has also been throwing up. It is upsetting to him. We don't know why. I called the doctor and he told me acid reflux. We are thinking it is a little more than that. I don't think it is a bug. No fever, color is fine, and he only does it once and then is fine. Ooh this child! :)

Jacob takes over the daytime shift of not leaving Mommy alone. This stage / phase has been going on for a long time. I cannot put him down. If I put him down he freaks. When I try to feed him he freaks. When I change his diaper he freaks. He has many meltdowns a day - it has been rough. He is doing a lot of cute things though. If you notice in the last picture, he is pointing. New thing! He also waved a couple of times. He say "Aht" for Hot. I say hot quite a bit :) Physical therapy is trying new things. I went in there and told the therapist, it is so frustrating to see Jacob trying to walk and his legs are just not working. She put him in this mammoth walker - called a gate keeper. His feet went everywhere, but it's a start. We may have to get one for home.

Mommy is a little frustrated right now. I honestly need a break. In a few weeks, I am going up to Lakeside to hang out with one of my best friends' - just a girls weekend. I need that. I love my boys, I really do, but my heart hurts when I see them with a mysterious illness or frustrated with walking. I don't even know how I will deal with going back to work. I have done it before, so I am sure I will be fine - but it doesn't mean I won't miss them.

Ok, Mommy is tired. Have a good rest of the week! Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment