Saturday, August 25, 2012

Back to School!












Hi Everyone, 

      Sorry it has been a couple weeks since the last blog. It always gets so busy at this time of the year. Well, it gets busy for me, and since I am the one in charge of this blog - the blog doesn't get completed until everything settles down :) Actually, I have been so tired at night, I just have been going to bed, pretty much after the boys or I spend time with Chris and we watch TV. 

First three days of school have been pretty good. I really like my class this year. I have three, that I can tell with keep me on my toes, but that is better than a whole class - like I had last year. This class is very smart, willing to work, and doesn't talk back. I hope it continues. One student totally blows me away. She knows how to spell Independence by herself and gave me an equation for 26 (19+7). I am really hoping this will be a good year. 

Nicholas is doing OK. His last TBall game was a couple of weeks ago. He did really well. He starts Soccer on Monday! He also starts PreK on Monday. His first day is Wednesday. Chris goes with him on Monday and Tuesday for Orientation. Nicholas has an eye doctor appointment on Tuesday. It is semi important. He was throwing up and complaining of headaches. He would throw up and then was fine. He did this twice on two different days. I had a enough and took him to the doctor. The doctor said it could be a viral infection that left acid reflux. I do not believe it is acid reflux since Nicholas does not do acid reflux. If it was Jacob - I would totally believe it. It could also be fluid on the brain from the growth hormone. Throwing up and headaches are two signs of this. To even suggest fluid on the brain freaked me out. We were going to the eye doctor this past Wednesday, but Chris couldn't take an hour off to take him, so it is for this Tuesday. He hasn't been complaining about his head, and no yucky burps - but still complains about his tummy. The growth hormone doctor will get a call. I truly believe the stomach problems are from the shot. 

Then I had Chris take Jacob to his 15 month appointment. Since we were just at a NICU appointment and doing therapy, everything would be fine. I stayed home with Nicholas. Chris comes home and says we need to see a neurologist which we already are and Jacob has a squishy spleen. We see the neurologist in October for a follow up for his head and therapy. So a nothing appointment turned into a something appointment, A squishy spleen could be the underlining symptom for a disorder such as seizures. Out the two problems from my children - I worry about the spleen the most.  Jacob is doing really well though. He is still very attached to me. He is taking a few more steps. The OT therapist told me that we would talk in a few months about less visits! 

It was a week! We ended the week with some walking, and that was just great. I will try to get some new pictures. Have a wonderful week!! Mandy

Have a great day! from Nicholas :) He wanted to type


















No comments:

Post a Comment