Saturday, September 22, 2012

Soccer Weather!


                                                    A nap after Pre-K and before a Soccer Game








Hi Everyone,

Welcome Fall! I am so happy that the cooler weather is here! I love this crisp weather. A couple weeks ago, we had one last blast of Summer, and we were miserable. School just started and it was so muggy in the classroom. I was talking to the other veteran teachers, and we cannot remember a time that we were that hot in that building. A few years back, we started School in the beginning of August, and even that wasn't as bad as what we had a few weeks ago. The humidity is what makes it tough. As it got cooler in the classroom, it made life much better :)

Nicholas started Soccer a few weeks ago. He had his first game last Saturday. He did great! Nicholas scored five goals. After that game, his skills kind of went down. He won't get in there and get the ball. He just runs around. As parents, it is very frustrating to watch. He did so well last week! He told me he likes it better than T-Ball. If Nicholas is having a good time in Soccer, then let him run around. The listening skills are lacking too.

Besides Soccer, Nicholas is doing OK. We had a few meltdowns this week. I think he is tired. We are locked in a schedule now, and the poor kid is worn out. He doesn't nap anymore - not really. He is becoming more mellow, which is nice. The conversations I have with him, just amazes me! He was playing Angry Birds tonight and totally random (because this is what Nicholas does) he says, "Why did Papa go to Heaven?" I told him why, then he says. "I miss him". I had a huge lump in my throat, but managed a "Me too". It has been three months since we lost Papa, and he is still on our minds. Nicholas hasn't mentioned Heaven or Papa for about a month.

Jacob is doing OK. He caught a cold. I brought home another cold - Grr! Help Me Grow came this past Thursday. They are pretty good. They said his drooling and tongue being out, is a sign of low muscle tone. I don't know why, but this bothered me. I am not really that strong - I have my moments, still. Then I think how much has improved since Therapy started. He probably wouldn't be walking, if he didn't have therapy. I notice other things too. When he picks up toys or objects, he does it very weakly. He still needs to build up that muscle tone, but like everything else - he will get there! Jacob time!! :)

Yep, I brought home another cold. I thought it was a sinus infection, and I still think it is, but Jacob is pretty miserable. He had a fever today and was very fussy. I was sick all last week. It went straight to my chest. I have a nice cough. Woke up Monday morning with a tickle in my throat, and my chest was hurting. Not really a stuffy nose. The germs are starting early this year. I should have stayed home one day this week. I will probably need a day for my kids though. Momma can't take a sick day for herself.

We went to the fruits and vegetables stand today. We bought some pumpkins and gourds. Nicholas picked them out. We were there and his pant leg was up, I told him to pull down his pants, and then I quickly changed my wording. The lady that worked there, thought it was funny. I told her, he would actually pull down his pants! Anyway, tomorrow we are putting up the Fall stuff.
Have a good week!! Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment