Sunday, October 7, 2012

Family Outing!





















Hi Everyone!

 It is not very often we get to do family outings. We only did one this Summer. When we have family outings - I LOVE them. I am not complaining that we don't get to do many. Our work schedules don't make time for family, which is OK, we are blessed to have jobs and having two paychecks help. We do what we can.

This past Saturday, we went to Boyert's Farm. It was also Chris' Birthday. We went because I was in charge of the preschool outing. We would have gone anyway. Nicholas and I went last year, but this year seemed to be much better, with Chris and Jacob there this time. We saw some farm animals, Nicholas played in the Maze. We went on a Hayride to the pumpkin patch. We picked out three very nice pumpkins. Jacob got to experience his first pumpkin patch. He was fussy on the ride. Screaming and crying, and moving around. When we came back, Chris roasted hot dogs and the boys ate their hot dogs. It was a really nice time!!

Nicholas is doing great! He is in such a nice routine now. He has been a great helper. He was the working kid last night, and was helping me get ready for the outing. Hopefully, year five will be Nicholas' year. I have noticed that he is more mellow. I still get comments about how outgoing he is. That's just his personality.

Jacob is doing OK. He started Speech therapy last Monday. I think therapy will help. Now he has therapy three times a week. I think we will be done with OT by Christmas though. I honestly think PT will go for a year and a half. He will get there! He said MOM last night. When I say MOM, he smiles at me. So, I think he knows what he was saying :) He was also babbling a little last night. It always does this Mommy's heart good, when he makes another stride.

Now, we need to get ready for a Birthday party. Busy weekend!! Love, Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment