Sunday, April 27, 2014

Happy Earth Day!
















Hi Everyone!

             We celebrated Earth Day all week! We started last Monday by going to the Nature Realm. The nature center was closed, but the scenery was beautiful. On Tuesday, Nicholas learned about Earth Day in School and I taught my students about Earth Day. The boys and I love to explore and be outside, I really make a big deal about Nature. Yesterday, the boys and I went to the Zoo ( of course). They had outstanding Earth Day activities. It wasn't too busy, because Cleveland Zoo was free. You would not have caught me at the Cleveland Zoo yesterday, that would have been insane. We went to the Cleveland Zoo last week, and it's too big for us. It just the boys and I most of the time, and the Cleveland Zoo is a little hard for me to handle them by myself. They were OK, we are just not there yet with a big Zoo.

The boys are doing fine. Year six with Nicholas has been very challenging. Nicholas is doing well in School. He is above average in Math. He is at a first grade level for Reading. His graduation is June 3rd. You better believe I requested off for his graduation. Jacob will probably not have an IEP for Speech and won't qualify for Special Ed. Preschool. He is doing an outstanding job. I have a Lollipop meeting tomorrow. Cannot believe my baby is starting Preschool in the Fall. Potty training is coming along. He does OK with no clothes on, but when I put on the Pull Ups on, we have problems. He is also in a toddler bed - kind of. Because of his disorder, he is very picky about how and where he sleeps. He wants to sleep on the floor by the door. I have moved his mattress by the door. So far, it has been OK. It will only last a few days, and then we will need to do something else. It has been fun :) Last week,   he woke up twice at 1am, but it happened on my days off. If we ever thought about having a third, his waking up kind of squashed that idea.

We are very happy Spring is here. I am taking the boys to the playground today. Jacob was very excited.  I am very happy that May will be here soon. April flew by. I hope Summer doesn't go as fast. I will be working my second job a lot. Which is fine with me. Extra cash means summer clothes for the boys :) Chris is working overtime and taking some shifts other people. He still doesn't have a position.

Well, Jacob is getting antsy. That's why blogs do not get done. I can't do them during the day, and I am so tired at night. I am very sorry that I am not good about updating anymore.
Have a great Sunday!! Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment