Monday, April 14, 2014

Thanks for 87 Years and more!!

                                          CST - 2014




                                          My great grandpa in the middle, Grandpa on the far right




Hi Everyone,

    While my computer was on a break, we had our own issues. On February 14th, Chris was given notice that my family's business was closing. We were given two weeks for Chris to find another job, They said don't worry though, the company that bought my family's company will rehire. Well, this little line in the letter did not hold out true in Chris' future. It was a crazy two weeks. I posted on FB a wonderful tribute, then was told to take it down (family / relatives drama). Then Chris was waiting and waiting for the new boss to interview him. We only had a week left by then. Finally, he interviewed Chris and said sorry, but we have nothing for you. But wait there's a little light at the end of this frantic tunnel. The boss' brother owns Lakefront Lines, and they may have  a position for him. They really don't have a position for him, but they hired Chris anyway. Chris is a fill in dispatcher. I am so happy because he has a job. Hours are a little crazy, but we are managing. I was so nervous for him! Between the not knowing and the weather in February - I am glad that month is over!!

Chris seems to be settling into his new job very well. He got some encouraging news from the boss man. He said Chris was doing a good job. He never heard that at his old job. Chris was very scared he was doing something wrong, or they started him too soon with dispatching, but he needed to hear that from the boss. We visited Chris yesterday at his new place. It was nice. We didn't stay long, but I am glad I got a chance to see it.

February 28th was a very bittersweet day. The bus company is where my parents met, and Chris and I met. I am still a little sad, but it was time to move on.

Sorry it is so short. I  promise I will do another blog this week!!! Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment