Saturday, June 2, 2012

Some Bath Time Fun!





Hi Everyone,

      We hope everyone is doing well, and you are getting ready for a fun filled Summer. We are ready! I have four more days of School. Nicholas is pretty excited that Mommy won't have to go to work for awhile. I remember blogging in the winter time and wondering if Summer would ever get here, and well it is coming!! We don't have any big plans. Chris and I were planning on a couple of days at Belterra, but I think we may have to cancel. We have been throwing around the idea of a family vacation, but I don't think that will happen either. We will probably do the Zoo and other little things around here. What we did last year :) Hopefully, in a couple of years we can do a vacation.

The pictures above show my favorite time of the evening. Our routine has changed. I was sad to see the old routine change. I really enjoyed having our quiet time upstairs before bed, but Jacob has become so mobile, it's easier to take everyone downstairs. I give them their baths together. The boys are so cute. I started giving Jacob a bath in the bathtub when he turned 9 months old. He loves it in there. I take Jacob out, so Nicholas can play by himself. They are a lot of fun.

Nicholas is doing pretty good. I got a good report from both grandmas - which made me very happy. He has a Birthday party tomorrow. He is pretty excited. This Summer we will work on cutting and writing his name. He does okay with his name, but it needs to get better.

Jacob had his one year appointment. It went well. He is 18 pounds and 27 inches. The doctor was pleased with his weight, but won't comment too much on his height. We just don't know if he will have the same problem that Nicholas has. The doctor doesn't seem to think there are any worries, but we just have to see how the year goes. He had 4 shots. He has to go back on Tuesday for blood work. They want to check his platelet count, since his transfusion was a year ago. His MRI is set for June 19th, OT begins June 13th. PT hasn't even scheduled yet - grr! Help Me Grow should be starting within a few weeks. Busy Summer with Jacob. He was struggling with eating last week - but it is just hit or miss with him. He likes Ahmi's meatloaf and Mac and cheese, He won't eat pancakes or 3rd foods (Gerber).  He has also started babbling again. He stopped for a long time, but started it up again. He will get speech therapy too, but I am glad the babble has started up again.

That's our update!! Still have a lot more blogs to do - hopefully I will catch up this Summer!! Have a good weekend!! Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment