Friday, February 1, 2013

Another Trip! (Or 2)














Hi Everyone,

Back to normal blogs! I really didn't go all out this year - but it is nice to blog about some recent trips and updates. I am ready to start a new year of blogging! Hopefully, I can do more than 2 blogs a month.

While I was on Christmas break, I took the boys to the Zoo. You can feed the penguins when it is under 50 degrees. We went, but the penguins didn't want to eat. I think they ate too much, but the lady told us it was too cold. Don't penguins like cold weather? She said these penguins come from a warmer climate, so they are not used to this weather. We still had a great time though. We always stop at the Komodo Dragon Cafe and have a snack. Then, in the middle of January, we had a bonus day. The temp hit 60 plus degrees. We decided to go back to the Zoo. My mom came with us. It was so much fun. Then we went back to her house for a cookout. It was such a nice day! I am waiting for another decent day. I have February 15th off, and I told Nicholas that if the weather is nice or not freezing, we can go to the Zoo. If it is terrible we may head out to the Children's museum.

Everything is getting better here. Hopefully, the bad times are in the past. Looking forward to this year. Nothing major is happening, but we needed a new year!

Nicholas is doing good. I had to sign him up for Kindergarten. After talking to many teachers, I have decided to put Nicholas in part time Kindergarten. It was my decision, so no one can really judge what I have chose for Nicholas. I know Nicholas is not ready for full time, which consists Monday - Friday 8:45 - 3:15. I would be getting many calls from his teacher - that is a promise. Nicholas is on the edge of testing for ADHD. That would be a long day for him. The doctor won't say anything until they see him a classroom setting. His fine motor skills are also a work in progress. He has a very hard time writing his name, and cutting needs to improve. Full time is also 200 dollars a month. Nicholas is very smart, and he will do well in the Kindergarten setting, but I know he is not ready for all day School. It may make first grade a little harder for him, but he will a year older and have more of the classroom atmosphere. Nicholas managed to bring home a cold. We did not go a month sick free. Now, I am just waiting for Jacob to get it.

Jacob is doing good. No more physical therapy. He is doing so well, they decided to let him go. I call it graduating. We have a NICU appointment on Tuesday. He is taking another test. He also has some more teeth. They really came in and fast. We had a few ouchie days with the new teeth. He seems to be better now.


That looks like all the updates I have for now. Maybe there will be an extra blog this weekend!!! Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment