Saturday, November 2, 2013

Apple Picking!









                                         My Girls Weekend! Friends since 1996!!!





Hi Everyone,


       My blogs are a little out of date. I am trying to update all my pictures! I think I will have more time now. I have been working every weekend, but there is a break now. All I have this weekend is Bingo, which is a good thing, since I have a sick little bug.

A couple of weekends ago, I spent the weekend at Lakeside, Ohio with my best friends from College. We have not seen each other for over a year. Actually, they see each other because they live close to each other, but I have not seen them for over a year. Poor Barb and Jen, they have not met Jacob! It was so much fun. It was like the year of not seeing each other even mattered. We had a great time. It was a much needed weekend. I love my family very much, but I do need breaks every once in awhile.


When I got home that weekend, I took the boys apple picking. This year,  I re-enrolled Nicholas for Sunday School. I am so glad he is back in Sunday School. He loves it! It helps that his teacher is very caring and was his 3's teacher a couple of years ago. I am the 3's teacher this year. I will only probably do one year. It is very  hard for me to teach second grade and then teach 3 years old. Anyway, the Sunday School group went apple picking. They picked apples to make apple pies for the hunger center the church is involved with. It was very nice to be part of that process. We were going to help make the pies, but I had to work, which is OK too. Working is good - extra cash :) The girl in the pink hoodie, is the girl I am considering to babysit the boys in a few years. She LOVES Jacob. She is only in 7th grade, so I think we need a few more years or even a year would be fine with me. Our babysitter which we love very much, got a full time job and got married :) She is so hard to let go, and I think the feeling is mutual. She is going to watch Niko while I take Jacob to the doctor, and she is so excited to see Nicholas again!!!

Yep, my Jacob is sick. He has had something for a week and half. It started as a bad cold, and it hasn't gotten any better. We took him to the doctor once, and the doctor said there is nothing we can do (of course). This morning he woke up crying Mommy, which he never does. He has been sleeping pretty much all morning. It is either the Flu or sinus infection. My poor baby! Nicholas is OK. He has had a bad cough, but that has been it. He has not complained at all.

Well I need to get going. You may hear a lot of crying. I need to wake up Jacob and change his diaper. Then I have to put on his socks, shoes, and jacket. Should be a fun time :/ Hopefully, we will have a better update next week! Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment