Saturday, January 21, 2012

1st Snowy day!

I don't think Jacob is a big fan of the winter weather
Going to the "hill"
Niko's new sled
Hot Chocolate and a Popsicle ?!





What a week! We finally got the snow :) I put the first snowy day in the title, since it looks like we will be another snowy day today. Nicholas loves the snow. We are very lucky this year, the weather hasn't been that bad. We had to wait a long time for some snow. Chris and I thought it was time Nicholas had fun with a sled, so we bought him one a couple of weeks ago. We went to the big hill, and he went down twice. He told me he was ready to go home. After sledding, he played in the yard and Jacob and I watched him from the house.

After our Snowy day, our weekend went downhill from there. Nicholas started our first stomach bug as a family of four. Sunday morning, I heard Nicholas crying and I knew something was wrong. He was so sick! Thank goodness I missed the throwing up part, but the other end was just as bad! I had to get Chris to help. Poor Nicholas, after he was cleaned up - he just wanted to go to bed. Thank goodness, he's not the kind of kid that wants to sleep with their parents when they are sick. He slept from 4am to 11am on Sunday. He did okay during the day. He only had one piece of toast and went back to sleep at 5:45pm. His tummy took almost a whole week to get better!
Jacob and Chris both got it on Monday afternoon. I was holding Jacob and he was fussy and looked like he was going to blow. He did - three times. He fell asleep at 5pm and woke up at 2:30am. He bounced back really well. He was eating food the next afternoon.

I got it Tuesday - Wednesday. I had stomach cramps and a headache. I was able to function and went to work and probably gave it to my partner teacher. My mom also got it, but she was in the house for 5 minutes. A strong bug!

Now, we are all doing fine. We are having a pajama party tonight and playing in the snow this weekend! It will be a great weekend :) Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment