Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Akron Zoo!
















Hi Everyone,

Our Favorite place to visit this Summer - The Akron Zoo! My mom and Niko went many times last year. Nicholas always talked about how much fun he had there. This Summer, it's my turn to see what all the excitement is all about. My mom, the boys and I made plans to go on June 18th, but my mom got Niko's cold and couldn't go. We HAD to go. I promised this poor kid that we would take him, and in the upcoming weeks it would be so busy with Jacob's therapy schedule. So, I decided I would take the boys - by myself. It was a great trip. Both boys were so good. Jacob is so observant. Never falls asleep, just watches all the animals. He has a good time. Nicholas loves visiting all the animals. He does not have a favorite animal. He said he likes all of them. We have been back twice since then - with Ahmi, and we plan to go back again in a few weeks!

Jacob is doing very well. We have hit some milestones within the past couple weeks. He learned how to clap at 13 months. He pats his tummy, which is adorable. Jacob has also started drinking out of the sippy cup. The sippy cup is going OK. He doesn't have the suck and swallow part down quite yet, but we are working on it. He always has milk running down his cheek and neck. Milestones are taking their time, but we are getting there. On August 7th, he has another NICU appointment. I am going to try to get him into Cleveland Clinic Speech Therapy. He needs it! Help Me Grow is suppose to help with that, but the lady hasn't been out for two weeks going onto three. I will keep Help Me Grow, but I think he needs more. He started babbling this week, which is awesome! PT actually went pretty good yesterday. He has to wear a trunk brace, shoe inserts and tape to help him keep his balance and feel more secure. The therapist said probably a year for therapy. Whatever it takes to keep this kid going - fine by me :)

Nicholas is OK. We have our meltdowns, but overall, still a good kid. We go Library Story time. He likes that. He starts TBall tonight. He has a growth hormone appointment this afternoon. He will have a bone scan done. He has been complaining his arms and legs are hurting, so I am thinking growing pains. It woke him up last week. We are having issues with getting the shots ordered, so hopefully, the doctor can take care of that.

Well. I need to go eat lunch. My busy afternoon starts in 60 minutes. Have a wonderful rest of the week!!! Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment